Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mommy Crafts A....


Costume for Two

Gracie decided on hers and her little brother's costumes this year. She wanted to be Little Bo Peep and have Thomas be her lost sheep.

I love it!

I made his sheep costume from an old pair of sweatpants and a hooded shirt, lots and lots of yard, and hours and hours of time and glue gun burns.

I made her hat, staff and treat bag.


I used a straw hat from Ben Franklin and I covered it with white material and added ribbons and bows. The staff was an old candy cane lawn decoration from Grandma's house that was stripped of it's stripes and had bows and ribbons added. I decided to make her a more custom treat bag since Thomas wouldn't be with her for the entire night. I traced a sheep pattern on a canvas tote bag and added scraps from his sheep costume for the body and black felt for the head and legs.

I also dressed his costume up with a bell for his neck with ribbon to match her, and I had the great idea to cover a pumpkin treat bucket with green strips of construction paper to make it look like grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment