Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Pops


Are these not adorable?!!

To make this craft you will need:
  • Felt in a shade(s) of brown
  • Scissors
  • Rubber Bands
  • Googly eyes and whatever scraps you want to finish him off, I used:
  • Orange felt
  • Orange pipe cleaners (cut in half, one half per leg)
  • Red pipe cleaner (cut in thirds--1 per waddle)
  • Craft Glue
  • Tootsie Roll Pops
Cut 8" circles from your felt. Now, fold your circle in half, and in half again. Make a SMALL snip at the bottom, this will provide the hole for your sucker stick to go through.

Put your sucker through the hole, and gather the felt at the top back (like you were giving the lollipop a top pony tail). Secure with a rubber band, and fan out the remaining felt.

Decorate your turkey. The original idea that I found (which you can see here) used foam scraps--but I had extra felt, so I cut out a beak from my orange, added googly eyes, and curled a red pipe cleaner for the waddle.

To make his legs, I cut an orange pipe cleaner in half, then I twisted it around the bottom of the turkey pop making sure to keep it in the middle. I then "curled" each side to resemble legs.

Mommy tips: do not do like I did and "eyeball" the circle. The light brown ones are from where I tried to get to circles from one piece of felt. The fluffier dark brown one was closer to the 8" (nope, I didn't measure, just made sure I did it bigger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment