Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mitten Game

Mommy Craft
Toddler, Pre-K


This is a simple matching game for you and your toddler or preschool aged child that I think you will both enjoy. I hung mine on a rope to make it look like a clothesline and add a little more fun to the game, but you could place them on a table and you child can still match them.

To make this game you will need:
  • Different color construction paper
  • Mitten pattern (I included one below)
  • Rope or string (optional)
  • Clothespins (optional)
  • Contact Paper (optional)
I simply cut out several different color mitten (2 of each color) and hung one mitten up and had my son match the mitten I held up. It took him a while to get the idea, but once he did he amazed me at his ability to recognize the similar color and patterns. (I added some patterns on the mittens to give it an extra touch)

I laminated mine with contact paper for durability, but that is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment